[CentOS] CentOS 6.6: Webcam problem

Fri Jan 30 04:14:36 UTC 2015
Mark LaPierre <marklapier at gmail.com>

On 12/12/14 04:08, Ron Yorston wrote:
> Last month we discussed the problems with webcams in CentOS 6 and I
> raised Bugzilla #1158988 with Red Hat.  This bug has now been declared
> a duplicate of 1145805.  Unfortunately I'm unable to access that report
> so although I know Red Hat are looking into the matter I don't know
> what they're doing.
>
> Ron

I know what they are doing.

New kernel 2.6.32-504.8.1.el6.i686 in the update packages last night.
My web camera works again! YEA! YEA! YEA!  First my 64 bit machine got
it's update and the camera started working again.  Then the 32 bit
machine got it's update later in the evening and the camera started
working again there too.

Thank you to all the CentOS packagers for all the great work that you do.

It's sad that it took almost three months for this to get fixed.

--
    _
   °v°