[CentOS] Design changes are done in Fedora

Wed Jan 7 02:19:50 UTC 2015
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 7:52 PM, Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa.com> wrote:
> On Jan 6, 2015, at 6:49 PM, John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jan 06, 2015 at 06:37:42PM -0700, Warren Young wrote:
>>
>> Noise removed.
>>
>> Quick question, if I may?  What does this have to do with CentOS?
>
> Some people are annoyed that CentOS keeps changing on them, and keep going to greater and greater lengths to try and argue that CentOS should not change.

No one has said it should not change.  Just that it breaks all users
existing work when it changes in non-backwards compatible ways.

> I am explaining to them why this is not a productive view.

The non-productive part is that every user who has ever built anything
of non-stable components has to deal with the problem on an individual
basis.   Is there any centralized approach to converting something
that worked on CentOS6 to run on CentOS7?   Does the program that is
supposed to try to automatically upgrade versions have any tricks
hidden away to fix things so they work after the upgrade, and could
any of them be run separately?

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com