[CentOS] reboot - is there a timeout on filesystem flush?

Wed Jan 7 17:03:14 UTC 2015
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 10:15 AM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

>> Yes - the unattended fsck fails.   Personally, I'd prefer for the
>> default run to use '-y' in the first place.  It's not like I'm more
>> likely than fsck to know how to fix it and it is very inconvenient on
>> remote machines.   The recent case was an opennms system updating a
> <snip>
>
> In some ways, I prefer the fsck run by reboot to fail - that way, I see
> it, and it most probably tells me that it's time to look at replacing the
> disk.

Seems random to me - not repeating on the same box, and rare enough
that it is hard to make any generalization except that it is painful
to talk some remote helper through the recovery process - usually
involving emailing some cell phone photos of the console to figure out
which partition has the problem.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com