[CentOS] Design changes are done in Fedora

Thu Jan 8 20:15:56 UTC 2015
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 1:56 PM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:

> How log do you need to keep saying the same thing.

As long as it is right and people keep arguing with it, I guess.

> CentOS is now what it has been for 11 years.  If that is what you want,
> use it.  If it is not what you want, use something else.

Well it was what I want.  Now it's different.

> You think it is so easy to do something else .. then you hire the people
> required and do your own distro.

A different disto with unique maintenance requirements is exactly what
I don't want.  But I don't see how to avoid having multiple systems
with different required procedures overlapping for some time now.

I don't blame anyone in CentOS-land for the breakage - I'm sure it
eats some of your time too.  But, is there anything that could help
automate a transition?   Are there tricks buried inside the automated
6x-7x upgrade tool that could be separated out to help build a
working-but-parallel 7x system to test before cutting over?   How are
others dealing with the end of freenx and the inability of x2go to run
gnome3?  That's 'almost' a uniquely CentOS issue because freenx was so
easy on CentOS5/6.

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com