[CentOS] C-6, Gnome question

Fri Jan 9 19:34:38 UTC 2015
Bill Maltby (C4B) <centos4bill at gmail.com>

On Fri, 2015-01-09 at 09:17 -0500, Fred Smith wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Using the default Gnome desktop on Centos-6, I keep having difficulty
> getting the mouse pointer to lineup exactly on the edge/corner of a
> window when I want to resize the window. It seems that you have to
> have it on a line exactly one pixel in width, and I'm finding it
> increasingly hard to do (who, me? getting old? nah!)

I'm also getting old, but I don't have the problem on C-6 at all.

> Wondering if there is a gnome setting somewhere among the myriad
> settings that could be used to configure the accuracy with which
> the mouse pointer must be placed so one can grab edges of things.
> I've dug thru the settings in the Gnome configuration editor, but
> so far nothing leaps out at me.
>
> Can anyone offer advice?

Have you gone into System->Preferences->Mouse and changed some of the
doohickeys there? I don't recall anything related to your problem, but
it may be related to Acceleration or Sensitivity? I've set my
Sensitivity to about 1/3rd off of low and acceleration to mid-range.
There's an alternative if, like me, you prefer KB anyway - <Alt>-<F8>.
It's drawback is it's not as fine-grained though. But for me it's really
faster anyway.

> thanks!

HTH,
Bill