[CentOS] Design changes are done in Fedora

Mon Jan 12 14:20:20 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 08:38:03PM -0600, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
> You see, systemd _IS_ in the mainstrem Linux
> kernel which you imminently have to use. Having distro with kernel to that
> level not mainstream, so systemd related stuff is stripped off it is quite
> a task. Less that writing one's own kernel and building system based on
> it, still...

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it
means."  -- Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride

'systemd' isn't part of the Linux kernel.  The init system 'systemd'
requires a Linux kernel (and won't work on the BSD or Solaris kernel,
for example). Unless you're using 'kernel' as in the core part of the
distro OS, which would include both the Linux kernel and init
system... which would be either misleading or confusing.  I'm hoping
you understand the difference.