[CentOS] Making custom USB install media

Wed Jan 14 06:12:15 UTC 2015
Matt <matt at mattlantis.com>

Well I feel like a fool, but I owe you one anyways. As noted in my
message, isohybrid was one of the first things I tried, and it seemed
to work, but the installer would bail saying can't find file, seemingly
referring to the squashfs file.

Now I'm pretty sure it was saying it couldn't find my kickstart file.
I'd modified the menu to say ks=cdrom:. I restored and tried the
default install option, works fine.

Setting my ks line to ks=hd:LABEL . . . also works fine. My custom ks
and packages and everything work straight from the initial menu.

If anyone could fill me in on exactly what that partition structure on
the official images is doing though, I'd be curious to know.

-Matt