[CentOS] Socket behavior change from 6.5 to 6.6

Fri Jan 16 15:56:59 UTC 2015
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 6:18 AM, Glenn Eychaner <geychaner at mac.com> wrote:

> I was super-surprised by the change, in that I fully tested the upgrade on
> my simulator system before deploying, and still got bit on deployment.

I'm not sure I completely understand the scenario, but it seems wrong
for it to have worked before.  Why should a 'new' attempt at a
connection with different tcp sequence numbers have been able to have
any affect on the working socket that hasn't been closed yet at the
other end unless it is sending a RST packet. Might be interesting to
watch with wireshark to see if you are getting a RST that doesn't
close the old connection.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com