[CentOS] CentOS - Firefox and Flash

Fri Jan 23 13:52:08 UTC 2015
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

On Thu, January 22, 2015 12:27, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 09:36:24AM -0500, James B. Byrne wrote:
>> If one has already done all that and, following the most recent FF
update, all that is displayed is a video window with the Flash
>> logo/Button in the middle.  And regardless of how many times one
clicks on said button no video will show or sound will emit, what
then?
> What firefox plugins do you have installed that might be blocking
flash?
> I personally don't use flash stuff much, but I have noscript
installed
> and it makes me either allow javascript or click on the embedded
flash
> content to view it.  But so far it always seems to work when I
either
> allow
> javascript on the site or click on the content.

I thought that was the case too.  However, disabling NoScript for
YouTube does not change the observed behaviour.  It is decidedly odd
in that the Flash video will not play until one sets the enable html5
option in YouTube.

One of the artifacts of switching the html5 on in YT is that upon
returning to the video page the video canvas shows an error message,
with the 'Try again later' tag.  But simply clicking on the video
frame a second time starts the video.

I am not sure what is going on.  I have discovered that the same
approach (switching on html5 in YouTube) has solved this issue for a
least one of the impacted users.  I will try it on others as the
occasion permits.

It seems to me likely to be a FF issue at its core.

Canada  L8E 3C3