[CentOS] VLAN issue

Sat Jan 24 00:16:12 UTC 2015
Stephen Harris <lists at spuddy.org>

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 07:10:57PM -0500, Boris Epstein wrote:

> This makes two of us. I've done everything as you have described and it
> simply does not work.

Are you actually seeing VLAN tagged traffic, or is the cisco switch
just providing a normal stream?

At work we have hundreds of VLANs, but the servers don't get configured
for this; we just configure them as normal; ie eth0.  The network
infrastructure does the VLAN decoding, the server doesn't have to.

Try configuring the machine as if it was a real LAN and forget about
the VLAN.

If that doesn't work then what does 'tcpdump -i eth0' show you?

--

rgds
Stephen