[CentOS] C6 server responding extremely slow on ssh interactive

Thu Jan 29 20:21:39 UTC 2015
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 01/28/2015 11:28 PM, Patrick Bervoets wrote:

> Arping on the troublesome server gives 0 responses.
>
> I just tried with a physical console on that server and there I got the
> same unresponsive behaviour.

Well, that's a different story, then. :)

I haven't seen delays anywhere near that long before, even with heavy
swapping.  But I guess I'd look at that sort of thing first.

Run "iostat -x 2" and see if your disks are being fully utilized during
the pauses.  Run "top" and see if there's anything useful there.  Check
swap use with "free".  Try decreasing swappiness with "echo 10