[CentOS] Intel Displayport on Centos 7

Sat Jan 31 18:22:55 UTC 2015
Frank Cox <theatre at melvilletheatre.com>

On Sat, 31 Jan 2015 12:21:07 -0500
Lamar Owen wrote:

> I like the full-size DisplayPort connector the best of any video
> connector I've dealt with,

Thanks!

I'm waiting to see if my current monitor actually dies.  It's an Asus 1920x1200 monitor that I like rather a lot, but it occasionally acts a bit flaky when coming back out of sleep mode.  (The screen fills with a white brick-like pattern, but when I turn the monitor off and back on again it works perfectly once again.  It has gone weeks between episodes of this, and it's done it two or three times a day -- very inconsistent.)

If this monitor actually does die, I'm thinking that I'll replace it with a 2560x1440 monitor, but the built-in Intel video controller on my motherboard apparently supports that resolution only on the Displayport connector; the DVI port maxes out at 1920x1200.

I guess I can purchase the higher resolution monitor without fear if I need it, and I sincerely appreciate your recommendation for a video card too!