[CentOS] installing Cents os server 7.0

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Wed Jul 1 15:56:18 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 12:52 AM, Michael Wright
<michael_j.w09 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all I have downloaded centos and burn the iso file every time I install centos it deletes my windows 7 what am I doing wrong mike

This lacks sufficient detail to answer your question, I can only
speculate that somehow you're telling the installer to delete the
Windows 7 installation.

Since CentOS install media doesn't include ntfsprogs (I haven't
checked if 7.1 does), it's not possible to shrink NTFS in the CentOS
installer. You'd have to do the shrink in Windows, and then Anaconda
will install by default into the resulting free space.

--
Chris Murphy