[CentOS] installing Cents os server 7.0

ken gebser at mousecar.com
Thu Jul 2 08:43:35 UTC 2015

On 07/01/2015 05:10 PM, Jonathan Billings wrote:

>> On Jul 1, 2015, at 12:20, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:
>>
>> My understanding is CentOS doesn't really support dual-boot anyway,
>> whereas Fedora does.
>
> Nope. CentOS 5, 6 and 7 all support dual-boot.
>
> --
> Jonathan Billings

Since Linux first came out in '92, every distro I've used-- SLS,
Slackware, Redhat, Suse, CentOS, and probably one or two others-- *all*
have allowed dual-boot.  The feature is built into grub, and lilo before
that.  Anyone who put together a distro which didn't support dual-boot
would have to take the feature out-- rewrite the code (and why do that
just to take out a perfectly functioning feature?)--, else use some
other boot loader... e.g., the Raspberry Pi distros don't support
dual-boot AFAIK.