[CentOS] dual-booting <- Re: installing Cents os server 7.0

Warren Young wyml at etr-usa.com
Thu Jul 2 22:12:09 UTC 2015

On Jul 2, 2015, at 11:32 AM, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 10:42 AM, ken <gebser at mousecar.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes, a
>> little manual work was needed on the Windows side, but this was well
>> documented and frankly not that hard.  Since I've done it-- numerous times--
>> I'm not readily persuaded that it's impossible to do.
>
> It's effectively impossible. Very few people know how to do this.

Relatively few people know how to write C programs, but that doesn’t make it "effectively impossible” to write them, nor does it mean that CentOS can’t run C programs.

> Fewer care to learn when there are platforms that make this much
> easier.

If you want Ubuntu, you know where to get it.

Oh, and let me point out that Windows doesn’t resize Linux partitions, so please don’t give me any kind of argument that this is a necessary step before we can get to the Glorious Year of Linux.