[CentOS] dual-booting <- Re: installing Cents os server 7.0

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Fri Jul 3 00:35:18 UTC 2015

On 7/2/2015 5:22 PM, Warren Young wrote:
> If your car has a DIN 7736 bay, you can easily replace the existing head unit without redesigning the car.  This is directly equivalent to repartitioning and installing CentOS alongside Windows.

how many modern cars have DIN mount stereos anymore?  almost all have
some weird custom shaped dashboard specific stereo insert. sure, you can
get DIN adapters for most cars, for instance I installed one in my
daughter's 2004 Camry.

then there's the wiring, you have to make up an adapter where one end is
car model specific, and the other end is stereo specific. and if the car
has more than 4 speakers, life gets more complex, you'll probably need
to add in additional amplification.

--
john r pierce, who's stuck a lot of stereos into various cars over the years