[CentOS] installing Cents os server 7.0

Gabriella Schmidt listaccount at online.de
Fri Jul 3 10:20:39 UTC 2015

Am 01.07.2015 um 18:20 schrieb Chris Murphy:
> Right. So basically yum install ntfsprogs and then grub2-mkconfig -o
> /boot/grub2/grub.cfg assuming this is a system with BIOS firmware. My
> understanding is CentOS doesn't really support dual-boot anyway,
> whereas Fedora does.
My experience is different: my system previously comes with Windows-7,
which I shrinked and installed CentOS-6 in parallel, where the installer
created an entry to start windows. Later when CentOS-7 comes out, I
replaced Windows by Centos-7. After installation, the Grub2 boot menu
included entries to start CenOS-6.
The only  problem (not really) is that a kernel update in CentOS-6 does
not update the boot menu, I must boot CentOS-7 and rebuild it there.

__
Gabriella