[CentOS] Bonds & Bridge best practices

Jatin Davey

jashokda at cisco.com
Thu Jul 9 04:36:18 UTC 2015

Hi All

I have two bond interfaces namely, bond0 and bond1. bond0 has two
ethernet interfaces associated with it and bond1 also has two ethernet
interfaces associated with it.

Now i create a bridge interface namely br20 (20 being the VLAN) and
assign it a IP Address , subnet mask and the default gateway. I will use
this IP to reach the server. So it is like a management bridge for me.
Secondly this bridge is associated with the bond0.20

Can i create another bridge namely cr20 ( 20 being the VLAN ) on the
bond1 interface ? This bridge does not have any ip address associated
with it. I just want to use it for guest VMs.

Is this the correct way to configure ?

Thanks
Jatin