[CentOS] Using gpg to encrypt a URL line on CentOS 6.

zep zgreenfelder at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 04:07:22 UTC 2015

On 07/10/2015 11:36 PM, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 22:53:28 -0400
> Jerry Geis wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to use GPG to encrypt a URL line with parameters  ?
> You can encrypt any text file with gpg, and the contents of text file can be anything you want.
>
> I don't think you have stated your problem in sufficient detail.

+1.   also, it'd probably be good to state what you're trying to accomplish rather
than if you can throw a technology at vague something or another.   I think you'd
find gpg's password input cumbersome for symmetric keys, the output too long in ascii
armor and possibly annoying to deal with public keys... but you don't really say what
you're trying to fix/avoid/do/not do.
--
public gpg key id: AE60F64C