[CentOS] Mounting NFS file systems via Nautilus on CentOS 6

Toralf Lund toralf.lund at pgs.com
Sun Jul 12 10:32:48 UTC 2015

On 11/07/15 18:10, John Hodrien wrote:
> Why not just use autofs and have it mounted on demand?

You probably didn't read my post properly.

Part of what I'm saying is that autofs is set up out-of-the box to mount
the filesystem. However, to access the area, I have to type in the full
path all the time, which is rather tedios. I'd like to bookmark the
location, but the problem is that Nautilus apparently keeps accessing
all bookmarked folders to check status or something, which in practice
means autofs will try to keep the filesystem mounted at all times -
which I don't want.

- Toralf