[CentOS] CentOS 7 + Dell Latitude E6420 laptop = thermalshutdown

johan.vermeulen7 at telenet.be johan.vermeulen7 at telenet.be
Mon Jul 13 11:34:56 UTC 2015

----- Oorspronkelijk bericht -----
Van: "deoren" <centos-list at whyaskwhy.org>
Aan: centos at centos.org
Verzonden: Maandag 13 juli 2015 03:36:49
Onderwerp: Re: [CentOS] CentOS 7 + Dell Latitude E6420 laptop = thermalshutdown

On 6/23/2015 7:22 AM, johan.vermeulen7 at telenet.be wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> installing these laptops went ok, but indeed, they shutdown on logon.
> When coming back up, I get a bios warning about temperature.
> On my first attempt on installing Nvidia driver, I wrecked the laptop.
> To be continued.
>
> greetings, Johan

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. I can't say I'm "happy" that someone else is
having the same problem, but I'm relieved that it's not just something
odd with the setup I am using.

Any luck? I'm hoping to have a chance to look more into this myself in
the next few weeks once some other projects calm down. Ironically my
next step was going to be going after an updated video card driver.

Hello Deoren,

adding elrepo and installing kmod-nvidia seems to have solved the issue.
I hope this works for you as wel.

greetings, Johan