[CentOS] Backups solution from WinDoze to linux

Tom Bishop bishoptf at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 14:53:17 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 9:17 AM, <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

> My manager just tasked me at looking at this, for one team we're
> supporting. Now, he'd been thinking of bacula, but I see their Windows
> binaries are now not-free, so I'm looking around. IIRC, Les thinks highly
> of backuppc; comments on that, or other packaged solutions?
>
>      mark

I'm sure others will chime in on backuppc and the pro's and cons, I will
throw out what I am currently using for winblows machines and while its not
open source it is Free and well supported.  I have been looking for quite
sometime and there are pros and cons to each software so it may or may not
be a good fit for you, YMMV.

http://www.veeam.com/endpoint-backup-free.html

It's not perfect but they are putting effort into and for me it has been
working very well, my .01 for what its worth.