[CentOS] Backups solution from WinDoze to linux

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Jul 14 17:00:21 UTC 2015

Leon Fauster wrote:
> Am 14.07.2015 um 16:17 schrieb m.roth at 5-cent.us:
>> My manager just tasked me at looking at this, for one team we're
>> supporting. Now, he'd been thinking of bacula, but I see their Windows
>> binaries are now not-free, so I'm looking around. IIRC, Les thinks
>> highly of backuppc; comments on that, or other packaged solutions?
>
> <snip>
>  This will continue to be the case, and we have planned a number of
>  projects that are sponsored by Bacula Systems.  The will probably begin
>  to appear in the community version between March and July of 2015.

Sorry, your syntax has me slightly confused. Are you saying that it is the
case that, in general, the Windows binaries will be pay-only?

>  A few of these new features will be:
>
>  1. Free Enterprise Windows binaries with all the latest features for
>  individual community members.
> </snip>
>
> http://sourceforge.net/p/bacula/mailman/bacula-announce/?viewmonth=201501

Which doesn't help me at all, since a) I'm not in the bacula community,
and b) this is for an agency of the US federal gov't which shall remain
nameless*, but whose budget is 20% *lower* than it was in 2003.

      mark

* I do not represent myself as speaking for my employer, nor the US
federal gov't, nor the view out my window, assuming I had a window in this
cube.