[CentOS] Backups solution from WinDoze to linux

Devin Reade gdr at gno.org
Sun Jul 19 18:18:14 UTC 2015

--On Thursday, July 16, 2015 12:44:32 PM +0200 Dennis Jacobfeuerborn
<dennisml at conversis.de> wrote:

> I've tried bacula/bareos and they are horribly outdated in how they
> approach backups and only really useful if you use tape backups (because
> that's the only target they were designed for).

FUD.

I've used bacula for years through various versions.  The last time
that I backed up to tape was probably five years ago.  Since then, I've
used disk-based backups, both permanently mounted and detachable.

Having a tape *model* does not imply that you're using tape.  Yes,
the disks appear as tape libraries, autochangers, etc, however that
doesn't impact their usability or performance.

Bacula is a solid multi-OS platform.

Devin