[CentOS] rsyslog.conf

Valeri Galtsev galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu
Thu Jul 23 14:34:04 UTC 2015

On Thu, July 23, 2015 8:43 am, Windsor Dave (AdP/TEF7) wrote:
> [...]

Well, my habit for regular e-mail exchange is "top posting" thus the
person reads my message thus is right to the point why this particular
message message was sent in a first place... But when mail lists are
concerned, I do an opposite, that is I follow mail lists conventions. I
never thought about rationale behind them, I'm just following them. I
believe, if some day someone gives reasons why top posting is bad in case
of mail lists it will really be great. The only reason I can come up with
myself would be: whoever reads message received through mail lists usually
has no idea about previous exchange in this thread, thus needs all
exchange in chronological order. Which I'm not certain is a good reason,
so those who know and insists strongly about "no top posting" are
encouraged to give others the reasons behind that. Again, I'm not "top
posting" on the lists. However, _this_ ("top posting") is my regular way
in private exchange (and it has good reasons behind it).

Valeri

Valeri Galtsev
Sr System Administrator
University of Chicago