[CentOS] SATA adapter recommendation

Bill Maltby (C4B) centos4bill at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 16:26:00 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-07-27 at 11:06 -0400, Bowie Bailey wrote:
> I have an old computer running CentOS 5.  I need to add an SATA drive to
> it, but it doesn't have any ports, so I need an add-on card.  The board
> only has a 32-bit PCI slot.  Any recommendations on cards/brands that
> work well with CentOS?  I don't need any raid capabilities, I just need
> a couple of SATA connections.
>
> Thanks,

Have you considered this
http://www.startech.com/HDD/Adapters/Bi-Directional-SATA-IDE-Adapter-Converter~PATA2SATA3

I'm using the PATA2SATA3 and am well pleased.

They also have a uni-directional (meaning it adapts in one direction -
data flows both ways of course) one if that meets you needs.

HTH,
Bill