[CentOS] Top posting or not/ no snipping : was rsyslog.conf

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Thu Jul 30 17:51:24 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 10:48:51AM -0700, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 7/30/2015 8:13 AM, Lamar Owen wrote:
> >No snipping with bottom posting is worse than any top posting,
> >IMHO. It wastes space and time and is equally bad in digests.  But
> >you're not likely to get the worst offenders to change.
>
> totally concur but as long as people are going to use cell phones as
> mobile computer substitutes, and considering how painful text
> editing on a touchscreen is, I doubt we'll get people to change.

getting people to change BEFORE the advent of the tiny displays didn't
work very well either, so I suspect trying to change 'em now isn't
going to work well, at all.

               Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths;
                     Guide me in your truth and teach me,
                         for you are God my Savior,
                    And my hope is in you all day long.