[CentOS] Fedora change that will probably affect RHEL

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Thu Jul 30 19:32:38 UTC 2015

On 7/30/2015 12:17 PM, Warren Young wrote:
> No, what happens is that you call up your ISP to ask them for help blocking off the DDoS attack, and you either get blown off or transferred to their sales department to buy a “solution” to a problem they allow to exist because it brings in extra revenue.
>
> Your ISP could block this kind of thing at its border.  Your ISP could also use their alliances with fellow ISPs to block DDoSes at their source.  They do neither.

I got DDOS'd over a stupid email list spat (I banned an obnoxious
spammer, he picked up my email address off of past messages 'recieved
from') a few years ago, it just about totally knocked my ISP's backbone
connections (a couple DS3's) offline.    ISP apologized but said if it
happens again we can't afford to keep you as a customer.