[CentOS] Fedora change that will probably affect RHEL

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Fri Jul 31 18:02:04 UTC 2015

On 7/31/2015 7:43 AM, Robert Wolfe wrote:
> Firewalled to the outside world most likely.

and where's that?       how could a default rule know the difference
between 'outside' and 'inside' without knowing specifics about your
LAN/WAN configuration ...    many of my linux systems are in coloc
centers where the LAN is unprotected, its public internet delivered
directly to the server, and SSH is the only way I access the servers to
manage them.    yet others are on a corporate WAN which has many
subnets, in neither of these cases would a default rule in SSH access be
appropriate.