[CentOS] centos 7.1 and compiz

Sun Jul 5 11:43:14 UTC 2015
Liam O'Toole <liam.p.otoole at gmail.com>

On 2015-06-27, Wes James <comptekki at me.com> wrote:

>> On Jun 27, 2015, at 11:36 AM, Wes James <comptekki at me.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have compiz installed on centos 6.6, and I’ve been testing 7.1, but
>> I can't find any info on installing compiz on 7.1.  Is there any info
>> for this or is it not supported yet?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -wes
>
> It seems to be a centos 7.1 “no support” thing.  I installed 6.3 (did
> updates and it took me to 6.6) and did yum install compiz after
> installing epel repo support and it found it within centos 6.6.

The compiz project is run by Canonical now, and is not seen very much
outside of Ubuntu. Whether that is for technical or licensing or
political reasons I do not know.

For KDE 4 users, the native window manager has many features found in
compiz. GNOME 3 has a compositing window manager built into the
shell(!), so compiz wouldn't work with it anyway,

--

Liam