[CentOS] installing Cents os server 7.0

Wed Jul 1 16:01:37 UTC 2015
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Wed, Jul 01, 2015 at 09:56:18AM -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 12:52 AM, Michael Wright
> <michael_j.w09 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all I have downloaded centos and burn the iso file every time I install centos it deletes my windows 7 what am I doing wrong mike
>
> This lacks sufficient detail to answer your question, I can only
> speculate that somehow you're telling the installer to delete the
> Windows 7 installation.
>
> Since CentOS install media doesn't include ntfsprogs (I haven't
> checked if 7.1 does), it's not possible to shrink NTFS in the CentOS
> installer. You'd have to do the shrink in Windows, and then Anaconda
> will install by default into the resulting free space.

unfortunately, even having done that, Anaconda/Grub2 will not create
a dual-boot setup because the default installs do not include
ntfs-3g or ntfsprogs. I've posted a recipe before for making
a grub2 dual-boot setup AFTER the installation, I can do it again
if anyone needs it, but otherwise won't clutter up the list with
another copy of it .

 .----    Fred Smith   /
 /    /  /   /__) /  /  /__) .+'           Home: fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us