[CentOS] nfs problems lately ?

Wed Jul 1 20:03:55 UTC 2015

Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 3:26 AM, Adrian Sevcenco <Adrian.Sevcenco at cern.ch>
> wrote:

<snip>
Not sure if this is related... on a CentOS 7 server, one of my users found
(today) NFS exports stopped working after the reboot (monthly maintenance)
yesterday. I looked, and nfs was listed as "enabeled, dead". Restarted it,
and it seems to be ok.

But...
in the logs, I found:
Jun 30 08:46:47 <servername> systemd: Cannot add dependency job for unit
nfs.target, ignoring: Unit

Now, I located nfs.target, and started checking each... and found this:
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 34 Sep 25  2014
/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/nfs.target ->
/usr/lib/systemd/system/nfs.target

Excerpt the target of that symlink doesn't exist, only nfs-blkmap.target
and nfs-client.target.

It has been working for months, and I did the update everything Monday
late aft, before the reboot the next morning.

       mark