[CentOS] installing Cents os server 7.0

Thu Jul 2 22:06:26 UTC 2015
Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa.com>

On Jul 2, 2015, at 9:51 AM, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:

>> On 07/01/2015 05:10 PM, Jonathan Billings wrote:
>>>
>>> Nope. CentOS 5, 6 and 7 all support dual-boot.
>
> Considering CentOS 7, at least, doesn't include ntfsprogs, the
> installation of CentOS can't support shrink or discovery of Windows in
> order to create a GRUB menu entry for it. That tools exist the user
> can make this work after installation is not at all what I'd consider
> "supported”.

That’s a really narrow interpretation.

The behavior you describe, where the OS installer can shrink an existing NTFS partition to allow room for Linux partitions doesn’t go back to 1992, yet we managed to dual-boot back then.

Would it be *nice* if RHEL/Fedora/CentOS could do this?  Sure.  Is it a necessary prerequisite?  Absolutely not.