[CentOS] dual-booting <- Re: installing Cents os server 7.0

Fri Jul 3 01:01:20 UTC 2015
Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa.com>

On Jul 2, 2015, at 6:35 PM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:

> On 7/2/2015 5:22 PM, Warren Young wrote:
>> If your car has a DIN 7736 bay, you can easily replace the existing head unit without redesigning the car.  This is directly equivalent to repartitioning and installing CentOS alongside Windows.
>
> how many modern cars have DIN mount stereos anymore?

I covered that in my previous post: Crutchfield isn’t to blame for this situation any more than CentOS is for the UEFI+SB situation.  Blame Ford and Honda, Intel and Microsoft.

> then there's the wiring, you have to make up an adapter where one end is car model specific, and the other end is stereo specific. and if the car has more than 4 speakers, life gets more complex, you'll probably need to add in additional amplification.

The skills and equipment you need to do this are directly analogous to those needed to repartition a Windows box for dual-boot.  The two cohorts are probably about the same order of magnitude in size, and somewhat overlapping.