[CentOS] 7.1 install with Areca arc-1224

Tue Jul 7 01:11:00 UTC 2015
g <geleem at bellsouth.net>

On 07/06/15 18:06, C Linus Hicks wrote:
>  On 07/06/15, g wrote:
>> you might try verifying that system you are getting error message on
>> has a good cd/dvd drive.
>>
>> burn another dvd at at least 4 speeds slower.
>>
> if runs ok, bad drive.
>>
> if still fails, bad drive.
>>
> another way you can check is to pull iso on system you are having
> problem with and burn dvd.
>>
> if you get error, get a new drive.
>>
> -------- Above quoted --------
>
> When I md5sum the DVD on the system I burned it on, it matches. When I
> md5sum it on another system, it matches. When I md5sum it on the system
> I am trying to install, it comes up with a different answer. I'm getting
> a new DVD drive.
.
wise decision.

optical drives do not fair well burning a lot of dvd's.

thru the years of dealing with cd/dvd burners, i have found the above
trouble shooting checks to prove out bad drives due to the increased
voltage needed for dvd burning shortens laser's life.

with low prices of optical drives today, it is almost worth wild to
keep a usb optical drive around for when needed. ;-)

--

peace out.

-+-
If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
-+-
-+-

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6