[CentOS] ssh failed only with nfs home directory

Tue Jul 14 17:28:28 UTC 2015
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 07/13/2015 08:14 PM, Tim Dunphy wrote:
> And I see this message in the secure log:
> Jul 13 23:09:28 nfsdb1 sshd[15305]: Connection closed by xx.xx.xx.xx
>   [preauth]

Is that the only message logged to the "secure" and "messages" files?

> As soon as I mount it back, the issue returns and I am unable to ssh in:
>
> #ssh bluethundr at nfs1.example.com
> Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic).

Well, if the problem isn't the permissions on the files and your server
is set to allow only public key and Kerberos (GSSAPI) logins, then the
obvious thing to check would be that you have the right key in that NFS
mounted home directory.  Are you sure it's the same as the one in the
local home directory?