[CentOS] Still considering backup utilities

Wed Jul 15 21:58:23 UTC 2015
S.Tindall <tindall.satwth at brandxmail.com>

On Wed, 2015-07-15 at 16:29 -0400, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> I hear that backuppc does *not* have a native *Doze client...

It is simple to set up a rsyncd server under Cygwin / WinX to feed
BackupPC. I normally install "full" cygwin to access rsyncd, but there
is a limited client available.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/backuppc/files/cygwin-rsyncd/3.0.9.0/

>From the readme:

"Download and run cygwin-rsyncd-3.0.9.0_installer.exe to install rsyncd
on your WinXX client for doing BackupPC backups."

At one time, the prepacked rsyncd client did not work on Win7 and later,
but I think that was fixed. Otherwise, install "full" cygwin and follow
the instructions for the prepacked rsyncd client.

Steve