[CentOS] was, Backups solution from WinDoze to linux, is, looking at bareos [SOLVED]

Sun Jul 19 19:03:17 UTC 2015
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 07/19/2015 09:04 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> personally would expect that bareos MIGHT replace bacula at some point
> in future versions of Fedora and then that MIGHT be rolled into RHEL 8
> and then make it into CentOS as part of that version.

My understanding is that at least one member of bareos attempted to
retroactively rescind his copyright assignments to Bacula, and then
copied source from Bacula to bareos in violation of copyright. Given
that state of affairs, I think bareos is more likely to be considered a
bad actor than Bacula.