[CentOS] Problems with Samba-based Home-Directory

Tue Jul 21 06:36:25 UTC 2015
Meikel <meikel at fn.de>

Am 08.07.2015 um 08:38 schrieb Meikel:

> I think the next step for me to do is to check the ethernet cable(s).

Yes, it was a problem with the cable between the patch field and the
outlet, I temporarily moved to another outlet and it works. And i double
checked the defect cable with other devices and can see the same problems.

I still get the message

Jul 21 08:06:04 meikel-pc kernel: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0: link is not
ready

but in the same second I then can see

Jul 21 08:06:04 meikel-pc kernel: e1000e: eth0 NIC Link is Up 1000 Mbps
Full Duplex, Flow Control: None
Jul 21 08:06:04 meikel-pc kernel: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0: link
becomes ready

and as I can see the link speed is 1000 Mbps now. The other problem
"Could not update ICEauthority file /home/meikel/.ICEauthority" has
gone, so probably due to cabling problem the network became ready much
to late and autofs wasn't able to mount /home when logging in. So now
everything is fine.

Regards,

Meikel