[CentOS] Fedora change that will probably affect RHEL

Tue Jul 28 21:08:48 UTC 2015
Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com>

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 3:04 PM, Gordon Messmer
<gordon.messmer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/28/2015 01:46 PM, Chris Murphy wrote:
>>
>> Future concern is IPv6 stuff, now that Xfinity has forcibly changed
>> their hardware to include full IPv6 support. I have no idea if this is
>> NAT'd or rolling IPs or what.
>

> All of the routers I've seen merely firewall inbound traffic, allowing none.
> There's no need for NAT or rolling IPs.

The whole idea of IPv6 is that, with proper authentication and
encryption, we can access any device anywhere. So firewalling
everything centrally would appear to break that.

--
Chris Murphy