[CentOS] Fedora change that will probably affect RHEL

Wed Jul 29 20:51:24 UTC 2015
Nathan Duehr <denverpilot at me.com>

> On Jul 28, 2015, at 5:46 PM, Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa.com> wrote:
>
> The Apple ID password rules are a fair bit stronger than the libpwquality rules we’ve been discussing here, and have been so for some time:
>
>  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201303
>
> Given that recent OS X releases want to use your Apple ID as the OS login credentials, that effectively makes these the OS password quality rules, too.

Disingenuous. It does not REQUIRE you to use your AppleID as the user password, and it’s probably not a good practice anyway.

Using it as an example is silly, in that it LOWERS security.

Comparing CentOS (an OS quite often used on servers on well-protected networks) to a consumer-grade OS that wants to integrate your login to “the cloud”, is rediculous. Of COURSE the defaults for a cloud connected machine are higher.

Nate