[CentOS] Try II: selinux, xfs, and CentOS 6 and 5 issue

Tue Jun 2 17:26:03 UTC 2015
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 06/02/2015 08:30 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> I partitioned GPT, and formatted, as xfs,  a large (3TB) drive on a CentOS
> 6 system, which has selinux in permissive mode. I then moved the drive to
> a CentOS 5 system. When we run a copy ...  we still get a ton of errors:
> Jun  1 17:01:32 <server> kernel: inode_doinit_with_dentry:
> context_to_sid(unconfined_u:object_r:file_t:s0) returned 22 for dev=sdd1
> ino=2151541032

Maybe:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-selinux-list/2005-October/msg00135.html

It sounds like the new system is writing data into the filesystem that
the older libraries cannot read, or cannot meaningfully interpret.

The SELinux contexts don't mean anything to the old
system/libraries/policy, so disabling SELinux is probably the best
option.  (I did not expect to ever advise disabling SELinux).