[CentOS] NUX Skype for Linux

Wed Jun 17 19:40:20 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 09:01:08AM -0400, James B. Byrne wrote:
> This is a Linux instal not a MS Windows. There are no options listed
> in the Linux version other than Advanced.  Advanced has the choices
> of:
>
> Skype:
>  'Enable Skype WiFi' (off)
>
>  and
>
> Connection:
>  Use port (0) for incoming connections
>  Drop Down Proxy Settings (Automatic Proxy Detection)
>  Host (blank)           Port      (blank)
>  User (blank)           Password  (blank)
>
> And that is it.  No additional tabs not additional choices.  I will
> not have this software on any of our business computers

I don't see any files or configuration in the 'skype' package in the
Nux repo that would indicate it is installing a startup service.
Also, some trivial testing with the program doesn't make it start up
when I log out and back in.

I'm curious how you got it to start up automatically?  Maybe your
desktop environment is starting it up automatically because it was
running when you last shut it down?