[CentOS] C7: EPEL conflicts with Base and ElRepo?

Fri Jun 19 07:01:43 UTC 2015
Nicolas Thierry-Mieg <Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg at imag.fr>

Le 19/06/2015 05:16, Marko Vojinovic a écrit :
> On Thu, 18 Jun 2015 17:53:14 -0400
> Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 10:04:04PM +0100, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> This just came to my attention --- I have CentOS 7 installed on one
>>> machine, and have configured elrepo and epel as additional
>>> repositories. When I turned on the yum-priorities package (and set
>>> up priorities in the order base&updates < elrepo < epel), it turns
>>> out that there are 65 conflicting packages between base and epel,
>>> and additional 5 between elrepo and epel (there are no conflicts
>>> between base and elrepo, as expected).
>>
>> Somehow I thought (without going to verify) that epel should be
>> before elrepo.
>>
>> Just looked at my repo configs and I have epel priority at 20 and
>> elrepo at 40.
>
> The priority between elrepo and epel is usually a matter of personal
> preference, but either way epel is stepping over the base and updates
> repos, regardless of elrepo, as I explained:
>
>>> # yum repolist --disablerepo=elrepo
>>> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks, priorities
> [snip]
>>> 65 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
>
> This shouldn't happen, and as far as I know, it is considered a
> Bad Thing(tm). Does anyone have any more detailed info regarding this?

You are correct, but what "more info" do you want? You've spelled it out
quite well, you have the solution (set the lowest prio == highest value
for epel), end of story?
If you want it fixed you should report this to EPEL, not here. But with
a large repo like EPEL this is bound to happen again and again as the
distrib is a moving target. yum priorities mostly solves it.