[CentOS] Project Management Software

Mike - st257

silvertip257 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 16:32:45 UTC 2015

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 10:26 PM, H <agents at meddatainc.com> wrote:

> I have a need to use a project management software package under Centos
> 6.6 and have started looking at ProjectLibre which is a Java package.
>
> Unfortunately it seems to have shortcomings when it comes to following up
> projects and my current understanding is that it falls short of Microsoft
> Project 2010, i.e., a previous version.

I have not used ProjectLibre, so I can't comment on its features.

> Does anyone have experience with this type of software and what would you
> recommend?

Years back I used [what appears to have been] GanttProject.
Worked fine for me, but I was only interested in creating Gantt charts and
not so much comparing features to Microsoft Project (though I used MS
Project briefly many moons ago).
http://www.ganttproject.biz/

Hope that helps.

--