[CentOS] Native ZFS on Linux

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 04:36:58 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 12:02 PM, Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net> wrote:

> All that matters for CentOS is:
>
> 1: Red Hat doesn't ship ZFS because of Red Hat's lawyers' interpretation
>    of GPL+CDDL
> 2: Arguing about it here will not change #1
> 3: CentOS ships a clone of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and so won't have
>    things that Red Hat's lawyers don't approve (see #2)
>
> Please let it go.  I think everybody here knows your opinion.

+1

I for one will go with Btrfs. This is where the action is at, ATM, and more
and more companies are investing in BTRFS and going with it: SUSE, Fujitsu,
Docker, Facebook, Oracle...

///
Btrfs 1.0, with finalized on-disk format, was originally slated for a
late-2008 release,[12] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Btrfs#cite_note-12>
and was finally accepted into the Linux kernel mainline
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_kernel_mainline> in 2009.[13]
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Btrfs#cite_note-13> Several Linux
distributions <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_distribution> began
offering Btrfs as an experimental choice of root file system
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_file_system> during installation.[14]
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Btrfs#cite_note-14>[15]
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Btrfs#cite_note-15>[16]
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Btrfs#cite_note-16> In summer 2012, several
Linux distributions moved Btrfs from experimental to production or
supported status.[17] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Btrfs#cite_note-17>[18]
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Btrfs#cite_note-18>
////

The ZFS Zealots (ZZ or Z-square) brigade act like kids on a temper trantum
because they preferred toy was left out of the playground. Please get down
your crying and yelling, there's people trying to work here (with btrfs).
;-p

FC

act
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto
Revolucionario
- George Orwell