[CentOS] Try II: selinux, xfs, and CentOS 6 and 5 issue

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Tue Jun 2 15:30:11 UTC 2015

Tried just the selinux list yesterday, no answers, so I'm trying again.

I partitioned GPT, and formatted, as xfs,  a large (3TB) drive on a CentOS
6 system, which has selinux in permissive mode. I then moved the drive to
a CentOS 5 system. When we run a copy (it mirror-copies from another
system), we get a ton of errors. I discovered that the CentOS 5 system was
enforcing. I changed it to permissive, I labelled the directories and
files w/ semanage, did a restorecon, and even did a fixfiles, and *then* I
tried /.autorelabel and rebooted, and we still get a ton of errors:
Jun  1 17:01:32 <server> kernel: inode_doinit_with_dentry:
context_to_sid(unconfined_u:object_r:file_t:s0) returned 22 for dev=sdd1
ino=2151541032

I had to reboot to disabled to get it to shut up.

So: is there something that selinux does in CentOS 6 that is in the
labelling on the xfs filesystem that I can do something about on the
CentOS 5 system, or do I just have to leave selinux disabled (until, maybe
in the next year, we can rebuild to 7....)?

       mark