[CentOS] What has happened to the CentOS logo?

Mike - st257 silvertip257 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 16:36:09 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 6:11 AM, Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net> wrote:

> Has the CentOS logo disappeared from CentOS-7?

You are referring to Plymouth splash screen while booting.

> I thought the logo in CentOS-6 was very pleasant.

The logo is in other areas of the desktop environment.

> Also I liked the way in which one increasing circle inside another
> showed how the boot was progressing.

There's a white spinner/throbber [like Mac OSX] to show the OS is loading.
I'll agree that until the OS is mostly booted that the spinner doesn't
change ... but with modern-ish hardware none of that lasts very many
seconds. ;-)

> The dots going round and round in Microsoft fashion in CentOS-7
> is a retrograde step, I think.

One always has the fear it might continue forever.

Doesn't bother me.  I expect my systems to be booted more often than not
and the boot splash is of less importance.

> --
> Timothy Murphy
> gayleard /at/ eircom.net
> School of Mathematics, Trinity College, Dublin

Mike
//  SilverTip257  //