[CentOS] creating RPMs from CRAN tarballs

Tony Schreiner

anthony.schreiner at bc.edu
Wed Jun 3 19:49:57 UTC 2015

This is not specifically a CentOS question, but I  am creating RPMS for
CentOS 6 from some CRAN tarballs.

I run R2spec -s tarball  to create a spec file, and most of the time it
works ok, but sometimes (RPostgresSQL, Rcpp for example) the package has
test or example programs that  start with

#!/usr/bin/r

with lower case r, and the resulting package then winds up with a
dependency on /usr/bin/r, which can't be resolved.

So far I have solved it by editing all the files and replacing with
/usr/bin/R, recreating the tarball and going through the process again, but
I have to believe there is an easier way.

Is there a option to not create the dependency?

Thanks
Tony Schreiner