[CentOS] creating RPMs from CRAN tarballs

Tony Schreiner anthony.schreiner at bc.edu
Thu Jun 4 16:03:33 UTC 2015

Thanks for the suggestion, but after putting that at the top of the spec
and running rpmbuild, I still get

Resolving Dependencies

--> Running transaction check

---> Package R-RPostgreSQL.x86_64 0:0.4-1.el6 will be installed

--> Processing Dependency: /usr/bin/r for package:
R-RPostgreSQL-0.4-1.el6.x86_64

--> Processing Dependency: /usr/bin/r for package:
R-RPostgreSQL-0.4-1.el6.x86_64

--> Finished Dependency ResolutionError: Package:
R-RPostgreSQL-0.4-1.el6.x86_64 (/R-RPostgreSQL-0.4-1.el6.x86_64)

           Requires: /usr/bin/r

when trying to install the resulting RPM

and

$ rpm -qp --requires ../RPMS/x86_64/R-RPostgreSQL-0.4-1.el6.x86_64.rpm

/bin/bash

/usr/bin/env

/usr/bin/r

R-DBI